Monday, October 6, 2008

Assignment Six: 3D Layers and Camera




I took a flat background, cut it into a bunch of different layers, and put it together into 3D space. I also added a bunch more random elements that I found doing a google search for "street performers" to fill in empty space. Then I flew a camera around.

Here's the 2D street I started with:



Obviously there are still tons of glitches and bugs that should be fixed, but as it is this took over seven hours to render. The camera freaks out at the end, as well. I should go back and fix that at some point, but probably won't. Sweet!

1 comment:

Ben Bays said...

Holy smokes! That was fantastic! And long, too! Its nice to see some long pieces. It actually had a kind of narrative to it. Yeah, it had a couple of kinks, but nothing you can't sort out. The thing I would really like to see is your name. If you can integrate some more interesting text, or really even just bigger/more prominent, that would be awesome.
As usual, though, top of the line work, Geoff.