Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Introduction: Geoff Allison

My name is Geoff. I'm a senior RTF student at UT, specializing in Directing and all kinds of film production/post production.


Here's a picture of me getting shot by a laser.



Here's what I'd look like as a pirate.


I've been using photoshop and after effects for many years, although I'm still a fairly poor graphic designer. I really love doing compositing and green screening and "photoshopping" and trying to make things look realistic.

I feel like a have a fairly solid knowledge of visual effects, so I'm kind of hoping to be able to get into more advanced things in this class, even though I know that may not be possible. I'm looking forward to learning about Illustrator and vector graphics, since I don't deal much with those. I need to get better at the design side of logos and motion graphics.

I really would love to learn how to get things to look "realistic," or like you'd see in Hollywood movies. I'm good at manipulating footage, but not creating my own elements from scratch.



I have a demo reel! It has some VFX stuff about a minute in.




I might put my resume up here someday too.

1 comment:

Ben Bays said...

Wow! Great reel. You already know a ton of stuff about AFX! I look forward to seeing a bunch of new stuff from you!