Thursday, September 4, 2008

Assignment Two: Assets and Elements

Assignment: bring in at least 5 images (text, paths, raster images). 3 must have alpha.

1) I found a pretty sweet picture of some guys juggling. I cut them out of the background:



Here's a larger version of just the left guy. The matte is a little dirty, but I think it will work fine with a darker background and scaled down to video size.


I left each juggler and element on it's own layer. I plan on using the puppet tool (which I've only briefly played with) in After Effects to animate these guys into some kind of creepy juggling puppet show. If I get really into it I might even try to set the bowling pins on fire.




2) Here's a quick logo I made, with alpha:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this yet, motion-wise. I had to rasterize it to get the gradient, but I may go back to a vector version to bring into after effects, and then readd the gradient in AE to the vector.


3) A Unicorn!

Dunno what I'll do with this yet, I just found it accidentally. Probably the aforementioned jugglers will end up in front of this backdrop.


4) A nebula!

This is a pretty cool backdrop/texture.



5) A chainsaw.

I figure I'll throw this into the juggling mix to spice things up a bit. It has alpha, but I kind of cheated because the background was solid white so cutting it out was super easy.


That's all for now, I think.